Updated: Mar 14, 2020
Lace Eyebrows are on the verge to becoming the new false eyelashes. Let’s be honest, the longer the lash the bigger the eyes. The more perfect your brows are the prettier the face. With lace eyebrows you have the ability to change the way your face appears, and how others perceive your features. It’s not permanent and you’re not breaking the bank. On top of that lace eyebrows are the closet thing you are going to get to natural looking eyebrows compared to other methods out in the beauty industry.
Women everywhere are doing whatever they can to enhance the features on their face. Here’s one of my favorite quotes by St. Jerome. “The face is the mirror of the mind and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.” This is undeniably accurate.
What are some popular methods to achieving perfect eyebrows?
Eyebrows are a person’s most prominent feature on their face. They accentuate the eyes, shape your face, and is a powerful attribute in your communication. Without speaking we can tell someone if we’re angry, happy or sad. So, it makes sense that women are taking no stops to achieve perfect brows. Below is a list of popular methods.
· Fill-In brows - Using an angle brush with powder, pigment gel, or even using an eyebrow pencil. You use feather like stokes to fill in empty space under your brows hairs to give the illusion of hair. Last only for a day until your makeup is removed. By far the cheapest method.
· Microblading - A process done by slicing the skin, or tattooing, and simulating hair strokes (permanent) for a natural look. Lasts about 8 moths, first treatment can cost up to $900! What if you don’t like the results? Yikes! Checkout this Microblading article by Elle.
· Micro-pigmentation – This process is done with a digital machine. They’re basically implanting micro-pigment into the top layer of the skin with an extremely thin needle. Lasts 12-18 months, and is a lot more expensive than Microblading.
· Threading - A single piece of cotton thread is used, according to Shobha Tummala, the founder of Shobha hair-removal salon. After cleaning the eyebrow area with alcohol, the thread is then "twisted and pulled along areas of unwanted hair acting like a mini-lasso, lifting the hair follicle directly from the root without the use of any chemicals or unnecessary tugging on delicate skin." Lasts as how long your hair tend to grows, with a price of about $12 to $40.
· Lace Eyebrows - 100% human hair processed via ventilating onto a transparent Swiss lace or a PU rubber base. You can choose from many colors to match your natural brow color. Also, there are different shapes you can choose from. The Wig Tailor offers 4 styles, that play on the alter ego by giving each style a person’s name. This is the most natural looking way to achieve perfect eyebrows, because it’s actual hair. Lasts up to 2 weeks, cost ranging from $22 to $49.99.
How long does it take to apply lace eyebrows?
Applying lace eyebrows can take at most 5 minutes to apply, depending you knowing where to place the brow. It is the quickest method. The brows are applied one brow at a time, and are secured with a glue of your choice.
What glue should I use to secure the lace eyebrows?
There’s a plethora of adhesives that can be used to secure lace brows to the skin. Eyelash glue is a great choice if you wear false eyelashes. Why not? The glue dries clear, and if it’s safe enough for your, then it must be safe enough for your skin, right? However, when purchasing the glue, as a precaution, it should be hypoallergenic, latex free, formaldehyde free, water and sweat proof, and dries clear.
There are tons of lace wig glue out there that you can choose from. Some even offer a super secure, waterproof hold. This give you the option to shower, sweat and swim in your brows. You can even keep them on without taking them off.
Another option is Spirit Gum, which is an adhesive made mostly of SD Alcohol and Resin.
How do you clean the lace eyebrows after wear?
To clean your brows your shampoo and condition to remove any glue residue. In a circular motion use your index finger and your thumb to wash the brows. After rinsing, stroke the hairs back in place. If wearing lace brows instead of PU, the lace is very fragile and becomes softer once washed. Be very cautious not to tear your brows.
Can the lace eyebrows be reused?
After you wash your lace eyebrows, which is highly recommended after each use, store them on a flat surface to air dry. Doing this allows the lace to keep its form and the hairs to not frizz. Then, re-apply once dried.
Have more questions that didn’t get answered in this article? Feel free to contact us and we will update this article for other shoppers to know.